Wednesday 15 June 2022

Progress in Week 1

This week we met on zoom for our first official open day. We had seven visitors at times during the day.

Lynette discovered she could do hand sewing with her left hand all strapped up.  She was able to quilt around her stars.

Sue cut fabric for some cushions then started on her hexagon project, and Kathryn cut lots of lovely pink squares ready for a quilt she wants to make.


Others visited for a short while and did crochet or just asked for advice on how to achieve a particular result.

Betty M did a bit more on her crocheted menagerie too..


I spent the whole time (when I was not eating, sipping coffee or putting chooks to bed) hand hemming the binding on my latest doily quilt.


I have hemmed half way round so by the end of next Tuesday I should have finished the binding and then will only have the label and official final photo before it is complete.

I have set up a reasonably comfortable zoom room corner for our Creative Tuesdays and eventually found a foot stool so I could sit straighter.



When you spend 8 hours in one place it has to be comfortable.

3 comments:

Ma Betty said...

Such an exciting adventure.

Ma Betty said...

Especially for people who are housebound for whatever reason.

Unknown said...

Look at that spot in the bottom row where my blue and shiny patch should be! I think I'd better get sewing..... :-)